To run a basic dapplet, follow these steps.
Dapplet Template repository locally.#1. Clone
- GitHub CLI
2. Change module name from "dapplet-template.dapplet-base.eth" to yours in
3. Fill in fields in the manifests
4. Change icons to yours in
src/dapplet-icon.png is used for the injected button in source code
src/index.ts and for display in the Dapplets store. The link to this icon is defined in
5. Edit necessary Dapplet settings in the
There are three environments:
dev- used when a module is loaded from development server;
test- used when a module is loaded from Test Dapplet Registry;
prod- used when a module is loaded from Production Dapplet Registry;
Dependencies are defined in the
dependencies section of the
dapplet.json file and are injected in the dapplet's
The Twitter adapter is used by default.
Our list of adapters available at the moment:
- twitter-adapter.dapplet-base.eth - site-specific adapter for Twitter;
- instagram-adapter.dapplet-base.eth - site-specific adapter for Instagram;
- identity-adapter.dapplet-base.eth - virtual adapter (interface), which is an abstract of two adapters above;
- common-adapter.dapplet-base.eth - viewport adapter is a universal adapter which contains generic insertion points and is compatible with any web-sites.
See for more here.
7. Fill in
contextIds section of the
ContextId is an identifier of a context to which your module is bound. This is usually the same as the name of an adapter you are using. It may be:
- the name of an adapter you depend on (e.g.
- the domain name of a website to which you are creating a dapplet (e.g.
- the identifier of a dynamic context (e.g.
8. Specify the argument of @Inject decorator with chosen adapter in the
/src/index.ts module and add method
activate() with a simple dapplet code.#
Installation steps.#9. Install the Dapplet Extension for your Chrome browser (if not installed) - follow the
You will see a message like this:
The address http://localhost:3001/dapplet.json is a link to your dapplet manifest file. Copy it to clipboard.
Paste URL to Developer tab of Dapplet Extension's popup and click Add.
You will see your module in the list of development modules. Here you can start the deployment process.